Machinery and equipment associated with computing devices. A computer is composed of both hardware and software. The software provides the instructions; and the hardware performs the processing. Computer hardware is the physical material of a computer system or network. Hardware can range from digital circuitry up to the major parts that plug into a computer or system. In contrast, software can be described as sets of instructions that execute within the hardware.
Most computer hardware is not seen by normal users. It is in embedded systems in automobiles, microwave ovens, electrocardiograph machines, compact disc players, and other devices. Personal computers, the computer hardware familiar to most people, form only a small minority of computers.
- Hardware Systems
- PCs (personal computers and workstations)
- Servers (mainframes, and multiple types of servers)
- Networking Equipment (LAN hardware and data communication gear, including wireless}
- Data Storage, also called computer or information storage
- Peripherals (printers, mice, keyboards and other add-on devices)
- Displays (monitors and other types of electronic information displays)
- Handheld Computing Devices